Hammer time!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by david, Nov 14, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Thank you everybody for the help. Karla you are soo right I left it alone and it got nice looking again.When it fully expands it gets front heavy. I watched as it tipped itself over again. It only fell forward this time and not off the rock. So once again I moved this hammer. Not wanting to upset my tank I moved the rock around just enough to wedge the hammer between two rocks. Hes been there for about 3 days and is expanding well again but now I'm afraid that the hammer will touch my BTA witch just doesn't stop growing!

Oh jackets,
    I love the grateful dead thats all the dead thing is  8). I totally envy your tank J. it's awsome!!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

No problem, glad you were able to use a natural way to stabalize your coral.

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Well sadly I think this corals days are numbered I can only blame his death on the shock of the fall and the moving about the tank this hammer was great every day untill that fall then it never really expanded again and now the other day I noticed some "stuff " coming out of it and today I can relize that the stuff is himself melting away now the question I have is what do I do just let him die in the tank? Take it out so it doesn't pollute the tank? Or will the bacteria take over and process the waste? I think this might change my opinion on using epoxy or gel glue to stablize your coral in place I truly belive that had this hammer not fell that it would be thriving today :'( Poor guy!

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That sucks! You might be able to turn it around... have you tried Coral Dip?

[​IMG]

http://aquariumpros.com/aquaprostore/SPcd.shtml

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I would definitely keep it in the tank. Don't give up just yet. Try direct feeding, after it finishes spewing, Try a small piece of cocktail shrimp uncooked or scallop. Take the piece in your fingers and gently set it in the tentacles. odds are you will see it work it into its mouth. Repeat every couple of days.

J

7. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I will try but I think that it's beyond that. I think the spew is the hammer seperating from the skeleton but there is always hope one half allthough not looking good looks only shiveled up!

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

do you use strontium?