Hamilton needs to get off their butts and get in the led game.

Discussion in 'Hamilton Technology' started by pmrossetti1, Sep 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pmrossetti1

pmrossetti1 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

not strips, REAL lights.

2. Click Here!

3. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Ever thought of picking up the phone to express your opinion. Maybe even giving them some ideas as to what you are looking for in an LED fixture? Might be far more helpful than just posting this thread.

4. pmrossetti1

pmrossetti1 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

trying to nudge them along

this is their forum,no?

i love hamilton stuff.

5. Hamilton Tech

Hamilton Tech 3reef Sponsor

In response, we are working on a couple of different things in LED lighting right now as I type this. We like to test things a lot before giving it a stamp of approval so please keep that in mind.

I just got back from the Super Zoo trade show in Las Vegas and had 3 different people tell me the same thing - after a few years of using LEDs, their corals don’t open up like they used to and the colors are not the same. At the same time, I had others tell me they like LEDs. So, it's always best to be sure to test things out long term.

If you can't afford the start up cost of most LED systems, consider some of the popular alternatives. I sold a store last week at the show 40 units of the Aruba Sun T5 retrofit kits. They bought those after trying them out for the first time this spring and being very happy with the quality of light it produces as well as the color and growth it gives their corals.

Another popular seller is the Cayman Sun Pendant systems. We get a lot of compliments on these reflectors and paired up with a Hamilton 14K bulb, a Phoenix or a Radium and you won’t go wrong. They are high PAR reflectors, give great growth, outstanding shimmer and vivid coral color. Plus, our ballasts are just about bullet proof. I go to shows all across the country and hear from hobbyists all the time that they have been using our ballasts for 10-15 years and they are still working just fine. Talk about a bargain.

Since you are in S. California, we would welcome you to our showroom. You can come in and take a look at all the different lighting we currently offer. We would give you a tour of our warehouse as well so you can see the care that goes into building our lighting fixtures to order. Some of the guys in our warehouse have been with the company for over 20 years!

We support a ton of reef clubs throughout the US with product donations for their raffles in order to grow the hobby. Have done so for more than 15 years now. If you belong to a reef club, send us an email next time you have a raffle, we’ll support you.

It wont be long until we have our own LED lighting system for you to consider. Before then, feel free to call us – 800-458-7474 or stop by and see us -14900 South Figueroa Street, Gardena, CA 90248

Dave

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    2 people like this.