hamilton MH

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Guest, May 14, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Just set up my new Halide hood from Hamilton. Way Killer!!! This thing kicks ass, except my family room now looks like an airplane landing strip at nightime. I will never again need another light for my tank, or for the entire back half of my house, this thing puts out some serious rays. Good quality, showed up ontime, and it even fired up when I first hit the switch. Everything included, (2) 175w 5500k bulbs, (2) 40w SO floros, a 4" fan, aluminum hood, cords, ballast with seperate controls for both sets of lights, shipped to my door for $494. Way stoked on it, highly recommended.
    ;D :thumbsup:

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Let's see some pics Rob!

;D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have to agree, I have a 175 watt 10K MH, with a 55Watt Power compact, from Hamilton. It is very stable, with a large metal box that seems bulletproof. The price is up there, but if you save your pennies you will be rewarded with coral growth. Be careful not to burn your beauties, I have a cooler side to my tank as that bulb throws the lumens!!

5. saltydog

saltydog Guest

Running Hamilton dual 250watts 14k on my 90gal. Lights up the house!!! Best investment I ever made. Roe's Marine World sells bulbs for a great price! Hamilton MHCF0187

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

HI Rob! Congrats! I also run a 175W Hamilton MH....LOVE IT!

Just curious, why are you running a 5500K? Are your SO's actinics? I run a 10K with actinics....what is the advantage of your set up?