Hamilton lighting

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by DSC reef, Feb 11, 2017.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Wanted to start a thread to give a shout out to Dave at hamilton lighting. I decided to give there new 20k 150 watt DE bulbs a try and they look amazing. Corals have responded well to them in the past 2 days and the color is really impressive. A very nice blue color, great fluorescence in corals and the brightest 20k bulb I've ever owned. Hamilton hit a home run with this bulb in my opinion and I wish I went with them sooner. Thanks again to dave at hamilton lighting. 20170209_185622.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Thought you were going LED? Can't seem to get away from MH huh?

DSC reef likes this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Im sticking with it another year. Life happened and we had to move again. Im going to update my thread here soon. We really want to go led for obvious reasons but part of me wants to keep the halides because its so beautiful especially with hamiltons 20k bulb. Me and my wife have been tossing ideas around with halide/led combo. Never know what the future holds though. As for now, I really want that deep blue led glow but I value the halide shimmer a little more.

Lovemyreef2015 likes this.
  5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I figured I'd update the progress with Hamilton's 20k 150watt DE bulb since it's been a few months. Growth and color has been great with these bulbs. A few corals had to acclimate to these bulbs so even though I don't have a par meter they obviously pack a punch. Since radiums are no longer available in this size these Hamilton's really make a great replacement. I've tried Phoenix 14k and XM 20k and in my opinion they can't compare to the results we've experienced with these Hamilton 20k bulbs. The price is right and the reef loves them. Thanks again dave at Hamilton. 20170510_143140.jpg

Attached Files:

Lovemyreef2015 likes this.
  6. SantaMonica

SantaMonica Fire Shrimp

I I really liked the Hamilton 14K ones. I had actinic, so did not need 20k.