Hey all i've been looking through this site for posts on hair algae, found a couple but not enough info for me. So all you guru's out there HOW DO YOU GET RID OF HAIR ALGAE It started a couple months ago, just a little, ripped it out.... than more, and more and more.... so couple weeks ago went to my LFS and asked the guy what to do... he told me do a water change but rip out what i can and siphon the water out with the algae. Take out as many as i can... Then for 10 days turn off the lights just leave the actinic blue on for 8 hours a day. and the rest of the algae will die off. WRONG its been 2 weeks now and the algae is still growing, allot less, just little spots but still... its growing What should i do just leave it or do something? Is there any critters or fish that eat that stuff? Thanks. Marc.