Hagen CO2 Natural Plant System

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 13, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Someone on this site mentioned this once, I decided to check it out and installed it last night:

[​IMG]

I got it from Drs. Foster and Smith for only $17.99 through their print catalog!

I've done the DIY injector before and this is nicer mainly because of the diffuser. It's pretty cool to watch the bubbles go up the ramp. If you are not a DIY guy or gal, I recommend this product as a cheap and elegant alternative.

Good manual too.

Matt

2. Click Here!

3. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

Hey Matt I wished I had seen this earlier. I had great success with one of these on my 29 planted tank. In fact I may have been the one that mentioned it before. I will also recommend this product to anyone with a smaller planted tank.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah it's nice reefman. It's only been a week but I think I am seeing some positive effects, look forward to seeing more.

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

A powerhead works better. I would not suggest them to anyone with discus either. When the fish bolt for cover they always run into the diffuser and knock it out of level then it stops working. It also scraps up the fish. I have two of them and I just ditched the diffuser and replaced them with a powerhead it works a ton better.

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

huh. My fish just ignore it. Noticing a big difference with plants now. Very cool.

7. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

You have Discus Covey? A powerhead would definitely work better, but all that flow can cause problems in a small planted tank. My Discus will be here tomorrow morning 4 Red Tigers and 4 Alenquer Reds for my 75 planted tank. They came from http://www.rfidiscus.com. I checked out Wattley and his prices are ridiculous. He is the best but not good enough for $700 vs. $300. Sorry I rambled on about Discus, but I love them. What can I say?

8. Click Here!

9. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

My hagen gave awesome reults in my 35 planted. Hy fish dont even look @ it (discus , and some endlers) I already had a good healthy tank but now have to prune my swords more frequently.

10. Salty

Salty Guest

This is what I have. The bubbles move along the difusser, but just one bubble comes out the tube at the end. Is it working propely ? I have 2 of these in my 30 gallon. They said one was only good for 20 gallons.

11. Salty

Salty Guest

Hagen CO2 System

Matt,
    This is the system I have. The bubbles form along the diffuser & one bubble forms at the bottom & floats to the surface. Is it working properly ? I have 2 of them in my 30 gallon. The pamphlet that came with it said one could only do 20 gallons.
    Back to the water change on my planted tank. Do I have to vaccuum the gravel or will the plants do that ?

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Old 16 oz drink bottle and brewers yeast makes a good one ..The yeast is the only moving part :) the gas goes the route of the tubing.