GX-4100 Pump Leaking...

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by szaijan, Aug 5, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

I purchased a GenX-4100 pump (1050 GPH at 0') to pump water through my new Titanium chiller and to add waterflow to my tank. The pump came with zero instructions, so I hooked it up using the screw in 1" hose attachment to the front intake, the only option, apparently. Unfortunately, if any torque at all is placed on the hose, the front fitting twists and disconnects. There is no locking mechanism and it seems to leak as well. The box says it can be used in-line or submerged, but I can see no practical way to use the pump in-line with the front attachment so loosely coupled.

Anyone have any suggestions? Otherwise I'll have to go buy a new pump tomorrow. Ugh! And no, I have neither the time nor the money to setup a sump. Thanks for the thought anyway. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I am not familiar with that pump but was curious why you want to use such a strong pump through the chiller?

4. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

After the pressure drops and back pressure of the plumbing and the 4' drop it hits around 550 gph. The chiller specifies between 300-600 gph, and I wanted to increase the waterflow in my tank anyway.

I had to go out and by a 950 GPH Mag-Drive to replace the GX-4100, So I'm probably at 480 GPH or so... from the actual movement it makes in my tank, I wouldn't mind being at 700+ GPH.