GSP's disturbed by goby sandstorm?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Boywithafishtan, Jul 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

Hey everyone,

This is boywithafishtank, and today i wanna talk about my GSP problem. I've had a healthy, happy, and active goby in my tank. And when i mean active, i mean REALLY active. He stirs the sand constantly, and he loves it. However, my sand is VERY fine, and hes making quite of a sandstorm, and my GSP's are not liking it. They are closing up. Only a few of the polyps are coming out, and they arent fully out, only like half way out in the water (If you know what i mean). I have been blowing on it with a turkey baster, to remove any small sand particles, that might have been stuck between the polyps, but it really doesnt help alot. What can i do? Should i just wait untill the sandstorms begin to settle? Since some reported to only have the "goby sandstorms" for a couple of months, and then they slowly just dissapear and settle?

2. Click Here!

3. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

My goby stirs up my fine sand and my gsp is always open.. Try more flow so sand doesn't stick.

4. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

Okay, thanks! :) I'll see what i can do

5. Scape

Scape Astrea Snail

I dont have a GSP but The for corals I have in my tank. When i stir up the sand they all close up.. but later that day after the sand has settled. They come right back out.

Like Devin said: Just make some more flow so no sand gets int them..