Gsp

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Phayes, Jul 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Phayes

Phayes Aiptasia Anemone

Hey guys- was at the LFS today and decided (since I've never had some) that I would buy some GSP. I realize it's a rediculously easily coral and what not- the rock that I purchased was full of them, and they were open and looking great in the store. However, Before I started acclimating them to my tank, I realized that the "rubbery mat" that they build was not purple at all, and was actually white. I continued to acclimate them for 2 hours and put it in the tank anyway. This was a few hours ago- and they are still not opening up. I realize that they often take quite some time to open and this is not my general concern. It is more for the matter of the discoloration of the standard colored mat. Any ideas/thoughts?

2. Click Here!

3. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

Is it crumbly? like it will fall apart?

4. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I got some day before yesterday and the mat was white also....They are open so just relax and have a glass of tea and in a day or two all will be cool...sometime it may take a week....
    Danny

5. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Danny's spot on, GSP's can close up for a couple weeks - but like you said, its an easy coral so no worries - he'll open up soon enough and you will enjoy him.

6. reef goddess

reef goddess 3reef Sponsor

I've seen the pale tan ones lately, its just a different variety, I wouldn't worry. If you saw them open then they should be fine.