Gsp !!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by jborlace, May 5, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

Are there different types of GSP ? I've seen some in tanks or pics that look to be a lot longer than mine. Extends to about an inch or so. Mine have always been kind of short. Started with a small frag about quarter size. Now almost covered the whole rock. Seems to be happy and healthy just doesn't extend as long as some I've seen. [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

There are probably variations of Briareum, I know I have add types that looked significantly differently from one another.

I suspect flow has something to do with the length of the tentacles. Either increase or decrease.

4. jborlace

I'm planning on getting an mp10 this weekend. Hopefully that will give the more of a constant more natural flow.

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I've seen some with long polyps and even fat polyps. Here's my neon GSP. Started out small, it grows really fast.

Attached Files:

6. jborlace

Mine isn't that green. Looks good under actinic though. Lol

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

When I bought it there were a few different kinds there. This was labeled neon star polyps and they were glowing. Been growing good since. I've got it growing on my sand bed now, looks pretty cool.

8. Click Here!

9. jborlace

Yeah I don't think mine are the neon green ones. Gonna have to find a frag of that this weekend. I've seen tanks that have the whole back glass covered. Looks pretty sweet.

10. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I'm trying to get mine to cover the overflow. I've got my three sunset montipora trying to grow on the back glass. I love how the star polyps move in the current

11. jborlace

[​IMG]grabbed a rock with some neon green GSP on it. Hoping it covers that rock.