Grrrr..  Stupid cloudy water!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Speedy, Oct 7, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

Re: Grrrr..  Stupid cloudy water!

Here's the list of survivors.

MY Fish: GSM Clown is looking healthier than ever.
    My Neon Goby survived the hurricanes but didn't make the move, he now rests in peace in his ivory tomb. The cloudy water was also survived by a sixline wrasse and a cherub pygmy angel.

Corals:
    Green Star polyps are opening again but haven't gotten their metalic green tone yet.
    Colony polyps, storm survivors are very small, but they are opening again.
    Red shrooms are great a 3/4" shroom and a 1/4" shroom have survived.
    Green striped shroom 3/4" has also survived.

Now the Sun polyps, (Tubastrea), These guys haven't been doing so good, they've been taken by a huge algae spike in the tank. They got red slime, after I clean that off they got taken by some black and green algae that grew right into their mouths. Very sad. Fortunately, a couple snails landed on the polyp rock and cleaned all the remaining algae off of it. leaving a small strip of live coral cells. Yesterday I spot fed it some DT's phyto and for the first time in months some opened again. I think with time it will be my greatest salvage yet. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

great news and great job David. Post some pics and keep us updated on the fantastic recovery!

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Glad to hear that the recovery goes well!

Just so you know, sun corals are meat eaters and will not eat phytoplankton. You'd be better off target feeding it some crushed up flakes, mysis or brine shrimp :)

5. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

good luck David.