Green water

Discussion in 'Algae' started by JetEngineMech, Apr 13, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

Coraline algae is rumored to grow better under actinics as opposed to 10k, so I'm not sure about normal algae :(

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

You have phytoplankton growing in there.. :)

4. dlaclo

dlaclo Spaghetti Worm

yes that will still feed the algea... do you have a fuge? having a fuge with macroalgea in it will help a ton.... IMO!

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

I want one (de-nitrater coil) - where to find one for $69.00?...ones I found were considerably more expensive.

OmarD

6. JetEngineMech

JetEngineMech Feather Duster

Phytoplankton ? What is it and how do I get rid of it? No, I don't have a fuge.

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I build them..

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

LOL its what people pay for from D.T's but its not supposed to take over . I grow and feed them myself but not in large enough amounts to start a culture in my tank.. Your tank is now a Plankton reactor . U/V is about all or Ozone Or try blacking it from light for a week and feed nothing or add any suppliments . What if anything do you add You have to watch out that they all don'tdie off and cause water isues U/V would be my first choice . As Imentioned I have little use for a U/V but this is where I'd choose one myself HOB and feed it with a small powerhead or put it in line with what ever filter you now use ?

10. JetEngineMech

JetEngineMech Feather Duster

Yeah, I think that's my next move. I'll get an in-line one and change my filter setup. I wanted to change the returns anyway. Oh well, a UV unit will be nice anyway. Thanks everyone!