Green spotted puffer questions.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by norg., Nov 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I was planning on picking up two green spotted puffers for a ten gallon tank. Would this create agression issues? I have kept this fish before, and the one I had was actually very mild tempered but I have heard of horror stories about this fish. I will be keeping them in a tank that will have plenty of plants and a few hiding spots as well. Could this work?

2. Click Here!

3. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Purple Spiny Lobster

There almost definitely will be problems. It would be a pretty good bioload since they are messy eaters, and they would quickly outgrow a 10 too. Also, I personally would just adapt them to saltwater or at least brackish when you get them.

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I was going to be slowly adapting to brackish. I am overfiltering with an aquaclear 70 hob filter. So filtration shouldnt be an issue. Im more concerned over fish agression.

5. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Purple Spiny Lobster

I guess just ask for them to be fed since usually gsp show most aggression then, and be prepared to take them back if you have to.

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Alright. Thanks. If need be I will set up another tank to separate them. But these little guys are going in a tank in my dorm, if they get along that would be ideal.

7. luv012

luv012 Plankton

instead of 2, getting odd numbers like 3 would be better. lessens the chance of one being dominant over the weak.

8. Click Here!

9. allenmay8

allenmay8 Fire Worm

please don't get 3 for a 10 gallon tank.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lungz

Lungz Astrea Snail

I have 3 in a 30 gallon and they are doing fine