green goniopora placement

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Birchell, Dec 10, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Hey guys,
    Well I know these guys are hard to care for, but it was given to me, and I know the local pet store will kill it before someone buys it so I thought I would give it a try. Ive got the guy about 6 inches for the top, and Ive noticed it want fully extened. Ive got 80 watts of PC power over a 15 gallon tank. I read that they love light, so I thought this would be a great place for it. When the actinic lights come on, and the daylights go off the poylps come out. I dont want to stress the guy any more than it is, but I mite put in near the bottom and see what happens. The green goniopora is 3 inches around, so its not a baby. Any other info on this guys would be great, they are hard to research.

Michael

oh yea, the green goniopora was under MH lighting before I got it, but I dont know what it looked like, it came from out of town.

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

4. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

i love mine, although my clowns have taken a real liking to it, which I beleive is not for the best :-(

Attached Files: