Green Anemone and a Very Happy Clown.

Discussion in 'Coral' started by RoloSaez, Aug 31, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

We managed to find a place with unbeatable pricing. I've been watching this place on FB for a while and never ventured over there. Finally a friend asked if I ever heard of them and we decided to take a trip up there. It's out of the guys garage so I was alway skeptical so never ventured out alone. The guy was awesome and knowledgeable, had awesome prices, lots of stock. Picked up a nice size bubble tip anemone for my Maroon Clown. The clown fish killed all the anemones in the past because I think they were just to small. The clown hosted this anemone instantly and will not leave it's side. It's awesome to see. Hopefully, It will make it this time. IMG_4406.JPG IMG_4408.JPG IMG_4409.JPG IMG_4410.jpg

Corailline likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Very cool! Sounds like a good time, great to find a resource besides the chain stores. Nice to talk SW.

4. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

It was a great experience. We called the guy at like 6:30 at night he was like "sure come on over" spent like an hour with him. He had a Moorish Idol healthy as can be for 45 bucks pretty big fish. Among other great items. Clowns for ten bucks etc etc.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Dangerous acquaintances to have, I would have a hard time reeling in my self control. Once you start to think about setting up another tank just for a specific fish (clown) you saw, then you know you're hooked.

6. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

My self control failed me yesterday. I told my friend I'm not buying nothing and he said the same thing. LOL we both walked out with bags. smh. He made out though he got two clowns and a sweetlips fish for 40 bucks.

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Awesome rolo. I see how it is, can't visit me! Lol. Where's this place at? Give me call and me and the wife will take a trip your way and check it out.

8. Click Here!

9. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

It's in Land o Lakes. A2Z Corals. Look them up on FB.

10. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I have been to more than one garage and have had great success. There are several people in my area that sell $5 and $10 frags as a side hobby/business. I became fondly with one and he always had great stuff at excellent prices. No store overhead or anything that increases cost. After a while i started to bring my own buckets and limited the amount of cash i brought. Thank god he did not take credit cards!!!

RoloSaez likes this.
  11. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

This guy is legit. Licensed and all. Wholesale prices.

12. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

That awesome Rolo! What a score!

For me, once you find a good store, it's basicaly the only one to get your business.

Around here/probalby like you too, many people once you get to know them they are more than willing to give frags, and trade frags, the occa. fish for great deals and/or free too.

I'm glad you made the trip to this 'garage', that's so cool when it's way better than ever expected!

PS- And I still say you are Lou Diamond Phillips operating under a 'screen name'!- Rolo ;-)