Green Acro Growth/Morph pics

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Clonefarmer, May 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

I've been taking pics of an Acro frag for the past month or so. It's changed quite a bit since adding it. The changes seem pretty drastic. I thought I would share so everyone could see the changes and maybe someone would have some insight on what was taking place.

AFAIK the frag was originally under MH, it's now under T5.

Edit: When I bought the frag I was told it was a Green Slimer.

Front Shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overhead shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Great shots and chronicling, it will be fun to see its continuing evolution.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Nice documentation, I love it when people post this kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Some types of corals encrust the base quicker than you see the vertical growth. Not sure on the lighting and color difference though.

5. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Thank you for the compliments :)

A few things have changed since the last shots. I pointed a Koralia 425 towards the 750 and set it to go on for 30 minutes every few hours at random intervals. The added random flow seems to have improved PE.

I also experienced an extended power outage lasting 23 hours. The shots are taken a couple days after the power was out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Personally I like current coloration more, it looks very healthy with good PE and obviously good growth.

1 person likes this.
  7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Outstanding growth and PE, I have troubles keeping greens under my T5HO lighting too. I really like the shade of green on the polyps.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Thank you.

I'm really happy with the overall condition. I've made some relatively small changes lately that seem to have helped. Besides changing the flow I shortened the light cycle to 11 hours dusk/dawn and 9 hours of daylight.

Thank you.

I have a really hard time with green especially the Green Digitata. It looks more like Orange/Brown Digitata.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Most of my greens either go away completely or turn fluorescent yellow. My green apple cap turned yellow/brown.

11. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Are you running a true daylight bulb? And no, an Aquablue special is not a true daylight bulb?

12. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Not if Aqaublues aren't considered true daylight. For the daylight cycle I use an Aquablue special and a Blue+. The dusk/dawn cycle is a Blue+ and a Purple+.