Gramma in trouble

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by andrewemmel, Mar 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. andrewemmel

andrewemmel Plankton

today my girlfriend called me at work and said my gramma was acting funny swimming on its side and such. I had her check the levels and nitrites, nitrates, ammonia, ph, alkalinity ect. all were good. Then she checked the temp, i guess my f'n heater got stuck on and the temp went to 82... took the heaters out... by the time i got home an hour later she was swimming around alive and well... then a few hours later back to acting goofy.... then good again. now i got home from the store and she is at the top swimming sideways and not looking like she has much control????? anything that can be done or is it too late and what the hell happened?? help please.:cry:

2. Click Here!

3. ReefWizard

ReefWizard Coral Banded Shrimp

82 is not that high temp to cause any trouble. What about other fish? Is she eating well lately? How do other fish react to her? How long have you had her in your tank?

4. andrewemmel

andrewemmel Plankton

i have two tiger stripped dartfish (banded goby) and a coral beauty . the gramma was added after the two dartfish about 2-3 weeks ago. the coral beauty was added 5 days ago. the others seem to leave hear alone they all seem to get along well. i havent noticed her appetite dropping off untill she started swimming weird. i just tried to feed her and she at a tiny bit now she seems to be swimming normal again. i dont understand how shes good one minute and looks like shes got one foot in the grave the next?