Government trying to take our animals

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by armison89, Jan 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. armison89

armison89 Purple Spiny Lobster

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

4. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

This looks like a ban to help keep large constrictors out of the everglades in Florida.

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

this thread will probably be shut down due to the political nature.

having said that - i don't see what law, specifically, they won't overturned so I don't really see how anyone could know what they're really signing. anyone have a link?

past that, i'm all for keeping invasive species out of novice hands.

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1 110%

Far too many exotic pets are being released into the wild where, without any natural predators, they endanger the local wildlife and threaten communities.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

+100000000! There's no need for someone not licensed to own these! I own a 7' red tailed boa and he's enough that I only take him out with another person around! Snakes this big fall into idiots hands that don't think 3 years down the road when they can kill you, then that idiot lets it out to kill some pets, maybe a kid and then go kill native wildlife! They belong where they are from, not in florida! BAN THEM! Or at least make you be licensed and checked in on to ensure the safety of the animal and those around that animal! These are no joke! Google python eats 7' alligator! What chance does a human have! Sorry! IMO!

8. Click Here!

9. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

I'm in FL and believe me these things shouldn't be owned by the general public. Not only do they escape or get released and wreak havoc on the natural inhabitants, but we are hearing more and more news reports of them killing small children and infants.

1 person likes this.
  10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

+1 To this. I've been diving in the the Caribbean recently and there are Lionfish everywhere because dbags released them into Tampa Bay and Lagoons in Miami. The constrictors in the Glades are just as bad. Ever seen a picture of a rotting anaconda with a half digested gator? I have. I've seen pythons at Shark Valley too.

11. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Spot on......The only people in Florida that don't want to see this ban go through are the people that are selling them. This has been a big issue for a long time and congress is finally listening to the public. They're placing a ban in dangerous 20 foot pythons, not rabbits or cats or even certain dogs for that sake. I say right on.