GoToSleep's 700g Build Thread (& complete remodel)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by GoToSleep, Aug 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

July 3rd, the stand arrives. It's often helpful to inclde something smaller,like a pick-up truck, in the picture to give a sense of scale.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. sventhemac

sventhemac Astrea Snail

Read six pages and I bet you are still typing right now because when I started you were at 5. Haha. Looking really good. If a person wasn't standing there, those could've been RC trucks.

4. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

We spent a couple hours getting hole cut in the stand, positioning it, and getting it shimmed. The shimming was done by professionals. You can see the painters still finishing up. All-in-all not a bad bit of progress for seven weeks. This was around the time that my tank was supposed to be delivered so we had rushed like crazy to get everything done and the stand in place so that we didn't hold up the delivery of the tank :yelrotflm. Those who don't know what I'm talking about can see http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/tank-delivery-nightmare-68074.html
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

You can see a few of the shims peeking out in the picture above. They have since been covered by the shoe molding which we carried around the base of the stand. You can also see that there's a 2" lip around the top edge of the stand. After removing six loooong screws, this piece lifts off giving a flat surface for us to be able to slide the tank onto the stand. No holes cut in the top of the plywood yet. That's a headache for another night.

6. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Here's afew more details of stand construction
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

this tank is going to be amazing once it's filled

8. Click Here!

9. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

WOW [​IMG]

Your setup will probably be one of the most elite home aquariums.

Maybe this vid will give you some good inspiration for some ideas.

10. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

David Saxby's reef, ohhh yeaa!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I am no where close to that league but I do appreciate your kind words. I hope that every enjoys the build thread and I hope that some day my tank looks as nice as some of yours but I try to keep a few things in mind.
    No amount of money will buy you a tank like OctopusBelgrade has. Clearly there is a lot of heart and sole (didn't I see sole on his livestock list) in there. That goes for a lot of the other fantastic looking tanks on here. I was reading PufferGirls build thread tonight and it brought back fabulous memories for me of looking at my 70g that I bought used with plain old flourescent bulbs, 40 pounds of live rock, and a DLS wet/dry filter. I could barely afford fish food then, and I'm talking about dried flakes. I've seen some nano tanks on here that take my breath away. I have to say also that I already enjoy this tank more than my previous tank because of the chance to share it with my fellow 3reefers.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

man, that's my dream reef right there:drool:

12. gfunk823

gfunk823 Coral Banded Shrimp

imagine if that guy got ich in his tank omg i would probably cry and never ever ever start over again if my tank got wiped out...... aactually i would that would just suck though what do you pklan on doing a reef or predator tank?