Gorilla crab

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Stingray, Aug 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

crab probably wont come out right away, place prior to lights going out and wait with a red flashlight in hand from a distance, they spook easily, patience. the shrimp wont bother the tank, but other critters may want to check it out also. with stars and other crabs you may have to feed the tank so not to have them steal the bait.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

I would not think it should do so much harm( shrimp that is )its only a small peice for a few hours in a 55gl

1 person likes this.
  4. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

ok will give it a go cheers

5. rummy34

rummy34 Astrea Snail

i just reached in and grabbed the rock he was on and put a drop of fresh water on him and he com running out mad as all get out

6. abraKADAV3R!

abraKADAV3R! Feather Duster

I got a few in my tank...I used a chopstick to crush them and a piece of shrimp on a stick for bait...even if he runs in a hole stick the chopstick in forcefully and im sure something will be hurting in that hole

7. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

a couple years back i saw a guy on youtube put some type of explosive on the sand bed with some bait on top. when the crab went for the bair kabooomm. funny as all hell, but i wouldnt do that in my tank.

8. Click Here!

9. silverbells

silverbells Astrea Snail

does anyone have a picture of this nightmare...I think I may have one! Our poly jaw has been sick & he snatched him & started to eat him, my husband netted the poly jaw but he died. Does the crab have yellow eye's?

10. silverbells

silverbells Astrea Snail

our 3 clowns are gone too, though the smallest was sick, but the next morning all the clowns were gone!! Is this crab able to catch fish at night while they hover at sand level & attack?

11. Rebelsreef

Rebelsreef Astrea Snail

yes they are good at catching fish at night i had a fire goby 2 cabbage corals and a nice rock of zenia that all got destroyed by those little runts i had 3 in my tank that was in some lr i ended up throwing 1 big rock in a 10 g full of fresh and he came out after few mins and the other got thrown in the freezer rock and all.

12. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

red eyes

I put my long tongs in and when he ventured out o crushed him in the coral, picked him up and popped him in the fridge, i since seen another exactly the same and descovered i have got a mantis shrimps just over a inch long :-(