Gorgonia Question?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Jay, Feb 2, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hello everyone:

I have this awesome yellow gorgonia that is in my 30 gallon tank. They love high current areas but so do alot of my other corals and that area of my tank is a little crowded with corals right now. My question is this:
    Is the Gorgonia hurt by my Kenya tree coral touching it and visa- versa? The Kenya inflates to a huge size while the lights are on and it touches my Gorgonia. The Gorginia extends its polyps at night and retracts them durring the day. Could this be caused by the Kenya?

You should consider getting one of these as they look very pretty with their polyps out.

Jay

2. Click Here!

3. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

[glow=green,2,300]((((((((BUMP))))))))[/glow]

4. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Yes I like Gorgonians also. They are an interesting coral and I have read some information about fragging them from the garf.org site. My wife even dug one out of the trash can in West Palm Beach and took it home and nursed it back to health, all the while I'm telling her to throw it in the trash :)  

http://www.garf.org/100/gorg/GORG1.html

I'm not sure if the leather corals have stinging nematocyst that would bother the gorgonian or vice versa. The polyps on my gorgonians are out during the day or night. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.
    Jim

5. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Yea...mine are out sometimes also.
    Thanks for the link

Jay

Anyone else