Just got another clam this AM. I noticed some macro algae on it so I scrubbed it off and placed the clam in my DT. Some of the red macro algae is still on the shell. Do you think hermits will eat the rest or that it would cause the clam or the DT any problems in the future? I don't want the macro algae irritating the clam or spreading throughout my tank. I'll get photos up later tonight when it opens and my lights are on. P.S. I just googled teardrop squamosa...only got maxima clams...hmmm I will post photos so others can properly ID.