going to feed my chili here in a few :)

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by oldfishkeeper, Jun 27, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

:beatnik2: anyone willing to front me some reef chili?

Seriously, I have been waiting a while - is BRS the only place you can buy it?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Try this stuff, one of the best there is. Limpits Reef Buffet- theyt have a coral blend also.

I can buy it locally, or from Ron (Limpit) when I see him at frag swaps, etc.

See if they'll ship, it's a frozen blend.

Limpits-Reef-Buffet

4. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

My LFS sells it. You may want to call around.

5. NYGiants

NYGiants Coral Banded Shrimp

Oldfishkeeper... if you really want it that badly and cant get your hands on some I have a bottle which I dont mind giving you half of... Wish I could offer more but since its the only bit I have, it is all I can offer...

Was a pain for me to get to ... think I got mine on amazon and I'm sure I paid more than the normal price on BRS... but I am impatient on certain things and this was one of them :/ haha

1 person likes this.
  6. oldfishkeeper

aww....you are so sweet NY. I was in part kidding with the "front me" line -I was getting frustrated waiting for BRS to get some in. I do plan on calling around to some LFS's to see if I can find some locally (great idea Servillius). I also wanted to make sure that I was correct in that BRS is the only place to buy it online. Such nice people participate on this forum :)

7. oldfishkeeper

Got my update email today that BRS has reef chili in stock! I just ordered some and can't wait to see how everyone likes it!

8. Click Here!

9. Huskysibe

Huskysibe Astrea Snail

Thanks for the update, I need to try some also

10. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Did you order their bottle too?
    If you did, it only has a pin hole sized opening in the tip. You'll need to make it a bit bigger. Easiest thing to do is get a drill bit, hold it in your hand and simply twist it by hand to make it a bit bigger, very easy. If you cut it off with a knife I think it'll be just a bit too big.
    They give you a tiny tiny spoon, about 1/4 of a teaspoon - that little bit for a feeding goes a long way!

You'll laugh as everything goes nuts and your CUC rises from the sand bed like zombies!

11. oldfishkeeper

Thanks for the advice FB! Can't wait to see the reactions of the livestock. Thanks for the amount advice too, don't want to overdo obviously. Now I know it says it's a coral food but do fish go for it as well?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  12. Huskysibe

Huskysibe Astrea Snail

Do you need the bottle? I have syringes of all sizes and I think they may work out well.