Going out of town for a few days

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Da_Gopherboy, Dec 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Da_Gopherboy

Da_Gopherboy Fire Shrimp

So my wife and I are flying to arizona over the holidays and we're going to be gone for six days. Planning on doing a good sized water change, cleaning off the ATS and skimmer before I leave to make sure that the filtration will be good. But as for feeding the fish, I've always fed them the frozen foods. A few of them will eat the pellets if thats all thats available, but some of the carnivores in particular has an outright refusal to eat them. So I was thinking about getting an automatic feeder for the week I'll be gone. Any sugjestions on how to feed the carnivores in the tank? Need to figure out something in the next seven days so quick responces or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I was considering having someone come over and feed every other day, but that last time that happened I came home to about half a bottle of gold fish flakes clouding my tank :\

-Gavin

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

What you could do is have someone come over to feed. Have strict instructions, someone you trust the most. and have meals portioned out for each day... Kinda hard with frozen foods to have it feed by a machine :) Enless they make one with a mini fridge. lol

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

5. Da_Gopherboy

Da_Gopherboy Fire Shrimp

I know alot of really smart people that I trust. Most of the time though they don't follow instructions, so that makes it hard :p

Looks like a plan, know of anything that perhaps the carnivore will eat? (Mighty and Fearful Royal Gramma Basslet)

6. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

My royal gramma ate Oceans Nutrition Reef Flakes. Boy did he like it!

1 person likes this.
  7. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

What about freeze dried krill, mysis, and others?

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Da_Gopherboy

Da_Gopherboy Fire Shrimp

Going to have to pick some up tommorrow and see if he likes em. Much thanks!

Any other sugjestions?

10. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

If your fish isnt custom to Flakes i would try some freeze dried food for the carnivores :p. I've never tried that with any of my fish cause they all have taken to flake food well... I use Reef Flakes because its an Omnivore mix I believe.. I know i Have a Herbivore mix and I think they make a carnivore mix as well...

11. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Does the gramma eat flakes? I don't have a fish that won't eat my flakes.

12. Da_Gopherboy

Da_Gopherboy Fire Shrimp

Never introduced him to flakes. Pellets yes, flakes no. Wife picked him up from petco, so they most likely fed him flakes.... never seen them feed frozen food ever in their tanks.