glasscages

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by APC, Sep 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Hey All,

I am looking into ordering a custom aquarium. Has anyone used Glasscages.com - Home If so, any comments, pro or con?

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

You will find that it's like White Castles. You either love them or hate them.

Very good quality most of the time and very inexpensive compared to their competition. However, on occasion they make a mistake, and Lord help you if it happens to be your tank. He basically says, "I make inexpensive tanks, you bought one, you got what you paid for, leave me alone". In other words, if you call customer service, you get cussed at.

4. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Purple Spiny Lobster

I haven't personally ordered from them but I have seen their work in person. No complaints from the ones that I've seen. Just a hell of a wait supposedly for a custom tank.

On the other hand.......I heard they can be real A$$***** if something happens to your tanks and you call them about it like Inwall75 says:-/

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Its pretty much just as In-wall said I have designed and laid out 3 of their tanks that where ordered from them and I myself would not buy one out of the 3 I personally had my hands on one was great 2 other's not so great and in a System up here in Ct. we installed a 550 in a restaurant and that was a totally screw up they shipped a tank scratched all to hell on the inside near to the bottom.. and that took for ever to resolve and cost more money . I myself as suggested do not like them maybe someone else or yorself will love'em ?

6. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Hum, wow...good information to have. They have not been overly friendly on e-mail either, which is what had me worried. Anyone have any suggestions on another vendor to use for tanks?

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

buddy of mine has experience with them, a 600g taht flooded his house and no customer support on their end at all

8. Click Here!

9. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

ive been dealing with them for years with no problems and have never had a problem with there custormer service area including emails. if you have a special tank that is to be made make sure the drawing is readable and accurate for measurement, discuss the build with them prior just like you would do for any another company out there.

10. APC

APC Gigas Clam

11. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Ive been dealing with Tom the owner of GlassCages for years. Ive never had a problem with them. The only bad thing I can say about them is they get sloppy on the silicone, but thats a rare event when a new guy screws up, but its nothing a razor blade cant fix. I know a lot of people who use them and love them. If you want a custom tank, thats where you go. They will build it to your specifications exactly.

12. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

The only problem I have ever had with glasscages or have heard was some issues with customer service, and those were all resolved. I know that they have some of the best prices around and if it was me I would give them a chance.. JMO