Glass splinters? OWww!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by BayNights, Apr 18, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BayNights

BayNights Astrea Snail

I added a new piece of live rock to my 55 gal reef a couple of weeks ago and I think I brought in something bad. I have been working on the tank this week and any time I grab a piece of live rock to move I end up with fingers full of what look like glass splinters. I've never had this problem before. I thought they were remnants of a sponge that had died but now I've gotten the splinters from touching the other rocks in the tank also. When I took my hand out of the tank I had literally 100's of them in my fingers. Most of them fell off when I rubbed my hand on my shirt but a few I needed tweezers to remove. What the heck are these and how do I get rid of them???

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

Just sponge, i get em everytime i unload LR @ work...nothing you can do really.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Bristle worm biristles IMO. Use Elmars glue to remove them. Just apply the glue over it, and let it dry. Then pull the glue off. Works for cacti and marine meanies.