Glass anemone!!!!!!!! EVERYWHERE!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by oceaninside, Oct 13, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

I just put in 2 Pepperment shrip, I hope they will work for me, Joe's juice works but I can not get to some of them things.

2. Click Here!

3. Big_Wally_B

Big_Wally_B Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Peppermint shrimp

Not all peppermint shrimp take to them. If you got two then of course you double your chances of getting one that will munch. Good luck.;)

4. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Will the peppermint shrimp eat any other thing in the tank ( mushrooms or polyps)? Thats what i was told by my LFS so i bought a copperband and he solved my problem. Only he died and the glass anemone are making a comback. So i am thinking on getting either another copperband or 2 peppermint shrimp, just not sure if my LFS is telling me the truth.

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

The LFS advice strikes again. The copperband is a whole lot less reef safe than the peppermint shrimp.

6. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

so what are u saying, my copperband did just fine with my corals. all he got rid of is the anemone. He did his job, but will the peppermint shrimp harm anything else?

7. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

The Copperband may pick on anemones and feather dusters. They are fish often used to control aiptasia anemones in the reef aquarium. The Copperband Butterflyfish is a difficult fish to feed as it may need a variety of foods offered to it in order to start feeding.
    The Peppermint shrimp may eat the aiptsia it may ignore it all together.. It's a roll of the dice.

Jim