Giesemann Bulbs

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Jlobes, Dec 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

hey there.

I know many folks use/suggest the ATI bulbs. and there are numerous threads about the best combo. But, I am looking for the best Giesemann combo.

Which bulbs would best achieve the same "look" as the ATI blue+/coral+ combo? Lagoon blue, actinics, aquablues...etc thanks for looking and any replies.

2. Click Here!

3. HeiHei29er

HeiHei29er Gigas Clam

I use a 50:50 mix of Aquablue+ and Actinic+.

I have nice growth on my softies/LPS and nice polyp extension on my new SPS pieces.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

50:50 Actinic+ and Aqua Pink.

5. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

I use the aquablue which is a 14k bulb and an ATI blue plus and like the look the 2 make

6. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

When I had T5s I used Actinic and Aquablue, 50/50. I like a bit bluer but the wifey likes 12/14k look so this was a nice compromise. P.S. I won;D

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I bet it is you only think you won.

8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

The ATI and Giesemann bulbs are both made in the same factory in Germany. This is why they always seem to mirror each other and produce similar results. Keep in mind that I am not saying they are the same blend of phosphurs as each company has they own custom blend. Another lesser known company that also shares the same factory is Hexarc (aka: Phoenix). Their bulbs also share a similar blend however they only market the primary colors. The Hexarc's best feature is that they are lower priced than the German companies offerings. It might be worth saving a buck or two and considering them (if you can find them) and going with Giesemann or ATI for the specialty colors.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Good to know Greg, thanks for sharing.

11. Jlobes

Jlobes Coral Banded Shrimp

Thanks for all the input folks. It seems the aquablue and the actinics are a sure thing. What's up with the lagoon blues? And the pink bulbs?

I have 2 four bulb fixtures and 2 eight bulb fixtures. I figure the four bulb is the base and just double it up for the eight bulb combo.

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The lagoon bulbs are a daylight bulb as are the pink bulbs. They just add different spectrum to your bulb mix.

I suggest going to the manufacturers site and reading about what each bulb's spectrum is and the intended use so you can tailor the spectrum to your preference.