GHA. A long story. long!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by pizza101, Sep 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pizza101

pizza101 Flamingo Tongue

Okay ill start out by saying i know its my fault.About a year ago things got a little tight financially. I slowed my water changes down a lot etc. I started to get some GHA. I then pulled out all of my live rock and scrubbed them under tap water. At this point for two days the rock looked great. then it started growing back and covered everything! Im sure the leaching live rock is the cause of most of the trats and phosphate problem.

So with all the fault and problems out of the way here is the long hard road to recovery began. I first strted with a 30% water change RO/DI of coarse. then i upgraded my lights to all LED and love them ( so does my power bill), I purchased a 36 watt UV sterilizer and plumbed it in,bought a two little fishes phosban reactor with GFO, bought the wp-40 jaeboe wavemaker( best purchase i have ever made for my tank 85 dollars and it has replaced 5 korillas and works almost to good!), 15 LBS miracle mud put in sump with cheato and calurpa, and upgraded to a reef octopus skimmer instead of the corallife that i had. i also have started to use nothing but Thrive products for dosing and i just love them all! The biggest impression is from the 20 mexican turbos and sea hare i added and now i can start to see rock again! Its a great feeling to be honest. I think the tank is about 50% cleaned and i couldn't be prouder. PS. I have had this tank set up for 13 years now.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Congratulations on getting the upper hand, that in it's self is motivating. Nice feed back on Thrive, I was wonder how people would like it. Thirteen years is along time wow.