Urgent Getting Tile on all floors tank needs moved?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by chetrod, Dec 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

I have a 125 gallon tank and a lot of rock I want to put in in the bath tub with the lights above it. I also want to put a tarp in the tub to prvent scratching up the tub and so that I can cover it when he gets in the bath to do the tile in there. What are your thoughts I need a quick andswer since it has to come down tonight.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Those big rubber made tubs work great for temp holding cells. I would get some of those.

1 person likes this.
  4. divott

divott Giant Squid

kinda sounds like swimming with the fishies. :)

5. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

If you do use the tub, make sure to rinse it really good so you don't have any soap residue.

6. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

I thought of the rubber tubs but I will have nowhere to put them since I am getting the whole house tiled including both bathrooms. He will be cutting tile in the garage and I need to leave the kids room open for storage of the rest of the furniture. I will be staying at my neighbors and the fam will be out of town. That is why I thought the bathtub would be the best place I was just concerned about the tarp thing.

7. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

take the tubs to ur neighbors hell understand

8. Click Here!

9. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Do Not use the bathtub.....Those drains do not completely seal. You will come home to a tub full of dry rocks and no salt water to replace it.

10. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

I agree with rob on this one, don't use the tub. If your tile setter is useing the garage he won't need the whole garage. You could have him make his cuts outside and bring the saw inside when he's done. It wouldn't kill him, LOL.

11. stud_man50

stud_man50 Flamingo Tongue

or you could put the rubbermade tubs in the the bathroom tub... I had to move my 125 so I asked on criagslist for some plastic food grade barrels, used those to hold the majority of the water and the rest was one tub for the rock and water to cover the rock. I paid $30 for both barrels.