Getting my sea urchin today!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks, i'm hoping he cleans all the algae soon, because i want my rocks nice and clean before i get corals

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

You know, I've never had a real algae problem (Just the Back of the glass on the aquarium.. and my cleanup crew involves 2 turbo snails that Hitchhiked from the rocks i bought when cycling the tank. Somehow they managed to live through the cycling. No clue why.

:p If you can get a video of the Urchin eating that would be pretty sweet. Never seen one eat :D.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

wow, i'm really surprised the crew survived the cycle, my chemistry isint pefect, even after 2 1/2 months so that's why i haven't gotten a cuc yet but if they survived your cycle, i maybe able to get them then once i have the money.

also how are you able to tell if the urchin is eating or just sitting/moving about the rocks? mine has his feeding tenticals out right now

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i'm uploading a video onto photobucket. It's not the greatest video but he moved in it, and i forgot to mute my t.v. so you can hear the end of Step Brothers in the video :D Sorry for the blurryness and i'll upload a video onto here and on my main thread when its ready

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

7. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

You should be fine to add CUC now. Most people add them right at the end of the cycle. Snails and crabs are muc hardier than most fish.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, when i have the money i will buy the CUC, i still have nitrates, and a slight amount of ammonia, nitrite is 0, but i've been dosing with stress-zyme to try to get the levels to 0 as this has been going on for 2 1/2 months too long.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

well he's made it through the night and munching on GHA right now, with them needing good water quality, makes me wonder if my test kits are off. As he seems to be diong just fine.

11. tmango4

tmango4 Astrea Snail

very cool looking, i was thinking of getting one as well

12. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

What kind of tester kit do you have?