Getting my sea urchin today!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lets hope the lfs has one in stock. I'll post pics of it here and in my main thread either tonight or tomorrow :D

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Sweet! Hopefully you will be in the tux urchin club later. Lots of pics I hope...

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha yup a blue tux is what im getting :D i'm hoping he will be ok in my tank, i'm always nervous about adding livestock and it not making it. How do you acclamate them? i don't have a way to do the drip method, so should i just let them float in the bag for 15 min? Also, another question, when i'm ready to take him out of the bag, how do i do it? i worry if i use a net the spines will fall off, so i don't know if i should just use my hand and place it on a rock?

5. mikejrice

Float it in the bad adding just a little bit of water about every 5 minutes. Give it about 30 minutes of this and it should be ready to go in.

Yes, using your hand will be the most gentle way of doing it.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok thanks for the help :D lol i'm kind of excited i get to touch it, the only fish that i have touched was my puffer, and that was because he swam past my fingers when doing maintenance, and it felt weird lol.

7. mikejrice

Start feeding your emo-nemos by hand and in no time they will be curling up right in your hand for food.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha i should try that, that would be cool!

10. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Feeding fish by hand is fun, All my tangs will take it out of my hand, My magnificent foxface will to, but I normally freak out when he comes by to eat.... Don't wanna get spiked :( I need to build up some courage on that one.

:D I cant wait to see your urchin, their quite the cute little critters :). Congrats!

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

man that is to cool. I was a bit freaked when my puffer swam passed me, i would be afraid of handing feeding him because he has a little something called teeth, and wouldnt want him biting me. it would be cool to feed the other fish though :D

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I've got my urchin! They had it labeled as tuxedo urchin so I'm hoping it's the right one. It's small, I'll take pics when I get home