Getting my first fish tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by KatherineM, Jan 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KatherineM

KatherineM Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have read a book, I have multiple threads on here and other boards, plus lots of other online research. I dont want to get a damsel to cycle the tank, or really in general.

I really appreciate all the advice, this is my blog, on all my research and progress, Aquarium Adventures

2. Click Here!

3. TheSurgeonSween

TheSurgeonSween Fire Shrimp

I actually only have a firefish and 2 clowns. IMO I would go with the firefish first because they get more stressed easily and it will be easier on it if it doesn't have to worry about other tankmates. IME I had the two clowns first. When I introduced the firefish he was very shy and the clowns would nip at him. He then ran into the rocks and doesn't come out much now....

4. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

You could get a pair of firefish. That be pretty neat!

5. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

+1 on the not getting a damsel. I hate them!

Good luck. I'm sure things will work out in the end. No matter how much knowledge we take in and what people tell us about their mistakes. Sometimes you just have to find things out for yourself.

6. KatherineM

lol that sounded pointed ;)
    I wont do anything crazy. Ive done research, i dont want to kill any fish, and I really do appreciate the advice

7. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Your welcome!

I only say that because it's what I do...so nothing pointed about it. I like to experiment.

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

haha we both speak from experience. we see a nice neon velvet damsel, but put it in the tank and it instantly becomes a sOB you want to get rid of XD

10. btcole333

btcole333 Feather Duster

I got 2 clown fish to start out also and then got a fire fish and he went and hid in the rocks and never came out and died. Now I have a pair of fire fish and they are great and cheap.

11. KatherineM

well I got a 3 stripe damsel,I didnt rally want to but i also didnt want to blow 30 bucks on fish tat are gonna die. shes been in there for 2 days and no spikes yet, she just came out of hiding this afternoon. so im thinking a couple more days just to be safe and then I will get my clowns. im not sure what I will do with the damsel, if shes not to nasty I will just keep her but if she really causes trouble I dont know

12. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

got any pics of the full set up?