Getting a new LED!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mikejrice, Sep 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

At least its a first step in the right direction. As far as I know they are the only ones with dimmable par38 bulbs

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

I am trying to be diplomatic as heck here so keep that in mind while reading.

What I'm saying is that Shawn at the moment is the only Rep in North America. At least that is what I was told. I give Shawn more respect as I am the reason he admitted to being the Orphek Rep on RC.

As for Peter.....I may comment later when I'm in a different frame of mind.(I just can't find a nice way to say what I want to say without it snowballing into an argument. That being said I will pass on it.)

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

It is a off the shelf light, just not allowed to give details yet...

6. mikejrice

Shawn does seem to be a step in the right direction for them.

Sanjay actually already showed some of his test results at MACNA for the PR156, and it looked pretty good compared to other lights. My reputation definitely doesn't govern the type of respect to counter anything Sanjay says anyway lol.

7. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

What I mean by that, is that it is not the same fixture that everyone else has been buying for the last 2 years and Sanjay tested. If it has features that are not common knowledge at this point, it is not off the shelf at this point. Does your fixture have all 90 degree optics like the PR156? Does it have all 120 degree optics like the PR-156W?
    At this point I definitely agree. He is doing the right things and making changes to the marketing tactics and quite possibly the fixtures.
    Which other lights were in the comparison? I hope an off the shelf fixture was sent to Sanjay and not some hybrid.

8. Click Here!

9. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I'm confused. You BOUGHT a light from Orphek, meaning that you PAID money for it, but yet you are not allowed to tell anyone what it is?

10. mikejrice

It's all 120s like the W

Yes, I was allowed to buy it lol. People are already buying it; he just told me not to release specs until I run it. It's just model of the PR156 that has not been advertised yet.

11. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

OK, So it is not the same as the one I tested. I have no experience with the W. How good are you with Geometry?

12. pmrossetti1

pmrossetti1 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

can we be certain they're 120?