Resolved GBTA walked into back chambers of biocube!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Va Reef, Aug 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

The title says it all, IDK how long it was back there, but i woke up to it not being in the display. The foot wasnt attached to anything so luckily i just put him back in the display part. half of his tentacles are look like crap, but half still look bubbly. Also his mouth is protruding like crazy, but his foot just attached to the skeleton of a coral. will it survive?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

BTA's are pretty darn hardy. Half the tentacles inflated, and half not does not worry me. Being unattached would be more of a concern.

Remind me again of how big the tank is, how much flow and it's has the LED right?

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

14 biocube, 120gph pump and a 240 gph powerhead, LEDs. After coming home it appears to have made a recovery, it looks happy as ever. I guess i'm just worrying too much.

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Good to hear your BTA is doing OK again. Did it settle back down?

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Yeah and my clowns are already swimming around in it and mouthing the tentacles. I just got scared because when it was in the back chambers, the foot wasnt attached to anything, but almost as soon as I put it on something it attached. Unfortunately my other nem has practically buried itself. But if hes not happy, he'll move.

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

not sure about 2 nems in a 14g biocube?

But one problem with biocube is you can not get into all of the back chambers. There is a small section at the bottom where if something (fish, etc) gets back there you will not be able to get it back. Just to be safe I would but up some netting or gutter guard over your intakes I have a yellow watchman goby living in mine right now!

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Well i only bought one, the other one hitchhiked on, and i popped that peice out for a mod, so i can get into all chambers with ease. I'm running to the LFS tomorrow to see if there is anything i can do about it.