Gate Valve Mod Reef Octopus

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by aesp533262, Sep 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aesp533262

aesp533262 Spaghetti Worm

So I bought a Reef Octopus nwb 150 last year and I see this years model with the gate valve mod incorporated in the design and now i want to mod mine with the valve. I called Coralvue and they want 25 dollars for the valve, and a little extra for a new silencer, which i would have to mod a holder for it....Anyway, I have searched and searched locally and couldnt find metric size gate valves and Im sure i can get something to work if i ask some questions hear. SO..with that said.....can anyone help me out.....thanks in advance

2. Click Here!

3. offensetaken

offensetaken Montipora Digitata

It's gonna be hard to find the metric size schedule 80 pvc. I would search online for metric size pvc. $25 for the gate valve isn't bad IMO.

I love having the gate valve...makes it very easy to adjust the skim to dry or wet.

Let us know how it comes out! Good luck

4. aesp533262

So i ordered the gate valve as well as the newly designed silencer as the wedge pipe is no longer able to be used wth the new gate valve. ...should be here monday....lets see how it works....

Sent from my Radioactive Samsung Moment.

5. aesp533262

So I got my parts today and I have to say I noticed an immediate difference in the amount of bubbles, how high the bubbles get, and I think best of all I can adjust everything easily and without getting wet. Great mod....now I need help adjusting the foam level...how do I know what's right.....can any one dial in.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]