garlic or vitamin c for mantis shrimp

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by stepho, Jan 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Hello everyone.

I have a mantis shrimp I am feeding him frozen krill.

I have both garlic extract and vitamin c I give to my fish to boost their immune systems. I want my mantis to grow up big and strong. Should I add any supplements to his food? Which one should I give him? Both?

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I supplement mine with Selco and Vit C a couple times a week. I dont really use garlic in the fact that Bob eats like a pig and I have not needed to encourage him to eat.

I am really only familiar iwth peacocks (Bob) who is both a smasher and spearer. Is Mr Kane a smasher or spearer? If he is a smasher dont forget to supplement live everyonce in a while to keep his smashers in shape! I give Bob a couple turbo snails (larger the better) to smash every couple weeks. If they are smashers and you do not do that then they can loose them and die (from what I read)

4. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

He is a smasher. Neogonodactylus Wennarea or Caribbean Rock Mantis. I think his claws will be ok because he uses them when I feed him frozen food. I stick it on the end of a feeding rod and he attacks it. One of my rocks also has barnacles that he bashes on too. I do plan to feed him live food as well, but I would like for him to get a little more used to me.