Garlic and dried seaweed.

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by scenario1313, Mar 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I soak mine about every other time. They go nuts. Even the wrasses get in on the action.

2. Click Here!

3. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

4. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

Yes for sure use garlic. I just use the real thing though. No need to buy the marine stuff. (I am waiting for the negative feedback here) It is way over-priced. I just use the extremely minced organic natural garlic and spread on a drop or two. It sticks really well, and my hippo tang's color has gotten twice as brilliant since I started doing this. Every fish in our tank (minus the mandarin) just goes crazy.

5. trent51593

trent51593 Coral Banded Shrimp

Do you think that useing garlic from the back yard would be fine. My mom has a garlic patch that grows every year and she has a lot of it. Just a thought but maybe not haha.

6. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

Since garlic doesn't grow in the ocean, why do the fish seem to go crazy for it??? Just a thought...

7. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

All of mine eat it too! I use the Ocean Nutrition seaweed so it's full of garlic already and I don't have to soak it. My Bluejaw Triggers love the purple stuff.

8. Click Here!

9. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

The seaweed I buy also comes with garlic already included. Purple stuff? You mean the red algae? All of my fish like the red algae too, but I can't keep it on the clips and it is more expensive than the green. I need to keep lots of algae for my rabbitfish who does not care much for meaty foods or pellets. With the help of my yellow tang he will mow down an entire sheet in half a day.

10. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

a sheet a day ??? I feed my Rabbit a strip a day ?? like 1" x 3 " ...am i under feeding him / her?? She loves the red and nori...no need for garlic ...never last more then 1 minute in the tank ! She also nibbles on the brine shrimp...i think it just does it to feel like the rest of the gang !!

Should I really be feeding more seaweed ??

11. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

Who doesn't love seafood scampi?