Urgent Gap/crack in tank frame

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by DarkHorseMBA, Oct 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DarkHorseMBA

DarkHorseMBA Flamingo Tongue

I have been seeing some moisture on the right side of the canopy, no leaks the wood moist on the inside right side just seemed moist.

I took off the hood and there seems to be a crack/gap on the top right corner of the plastic frame. There is no water dripping on the glass or any where else. All the silicon seems to be okay, the center brace and all look good, no signs of any thing else.

Attached a photo
    Should I be concerned? How if at all can fix/reenforce this?

Thanks for your help.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. Schecky

Schecky Plankton

As far as repairing the plastic frame my advice would be to goto hd and get the plastic putty. Comes in two parts, a grey and blue. You mix it together and it makes a chemical reaction that will hold it together.......one time i rebuilt an outside cigarette container that cracked right in half, it was amazing how well this stuff held together plastic thru all kinds of pennsylvania weather.

then use some cheap wood pens (guardsman products avail at lowes or bed bath beyond) to do the color touch up if thats something you would be concerned about.

jr

4. crazy reef love

crazy reef love Skunk Shrimp

I wouldn't be worried. As long as there's no weight on it my friend