galxia dying?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by evojoe67, Jul 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. evojoe67

evojoe67 Aiptasia Anemone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my galaxia seems to be dying. it's skeleton is showing around the edges, and now little "bald spots" seem to be appearing in the middle. all other coral is doing fine. what gives?

2. Click Here!

3. papareef

papareef Feather Duster

galaxia

Yes i agree,it doesn't look very happy,no skeleton should be showing.I started with a little frag,it had some skeleton with no polys.I have it in low light,low flow and it has trilped in size,and just keeps growing.

4. kylekin

kylekin Bristle Worm

do you blast it with current or a turkey baster? do you target feed, some require to be target fed, or at least turn off the current so food has time to settle... also maybe look at night to see if any creatures are nibbling at it... also what are you water parameters? I love my galaxia, hope everything works out

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I had the same thing happening until I move it in some high flow area that gets hit by one of the valves of the Ocean Motion and seems to be doing much better.

6. paulg

paulg Feather Duster

I agree with more flow. I had gotten a sick one from someone tearing down a tank. Mine never recovered but looked much better in higher flow area.

7. evojoe67

evojoe67 Aiptasia Anemone

mine is right by my koralia #4, and gets really good flow. it's pretty high up in my tank. do you think i should move it lower, away from the lights?

8. Click Here!

9. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

might be too much flow. Looks like it is dying, my just did. good luck.

10. kylekin

kylekin Bristle Worm

i would move it away from the lights... i have mine on the sand bed and is doing great