Full Tank Pictures

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Jason McKenzie, Apr 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

To go with my last thread I would love to see some pics of everyones Tank. Full views

Thanks
    J [smiley=idea.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Blue, 2, 800]Ok jakets, I'll play ;D

This is a picture of my tank taken back in November, 2002. I am showing you this one, because I am going to post a new one in a few days showing the remarkable difference. First, the November tank:
    [/glow]​
    [​IMG]

[glow=Red, 2, 800]As you can see, everything is healthy and thriving, but I have an algae problem. I usually have an algae problem, of one degree or another, simply because I love to feed my fish. Uneaten food and detritus is a hair algae incubator.

I find that algae is easier to control in larger tanks. That is just common sense, since the four teaspoons of food in a 75g tank becomes miniscule in a 150g tank.

My 58g has been set up a little over two years, and the algae problems seem to come and go. But, since this picture was made, I have made some significant changes in the system.
    [/glow]​

[glow=Green, 2, 800]1. I added a clean-up crew, consisting of a serpent star, 10 nassarius snails, 10 turbo snails, 10 red-leg hermits, and 15 blue-leg hermits.

2. I have changed the chemistry of my water by keeping my Calcium and Magnesium levels in balance. Not only does this help with alk and pH, but it also helps facilitate denitrification.

3. I have completely redesigned my sump/refugium. This was part of my Evolution of a Filtration System that is nearly complete. I will publish pics of my new sump/refugium with the new pics of my tank.

4. Finally, I have added the ECO-Aqualizer to my system. While I am still not entirely sure I know all that the E-A is doing to the water in my system, I do know that it is inhibiting algae growth. I plan to write about this more extensively in the thread devoted to the E-A.
    [/glow]​

[glow=Yellow, 6, 800]Probably Tuesday or Wednesday, I will be publishing new pictures of my tank. I think you'll be surprised.[/glow] :eek:

4. Jason McKenzie

Thanks Wrass, After looking at you pics in your Gallery I wanted to see the whole thing.
    I read about your filter system on that "other" website and I'm very curious about any additions or changes. as I recall you took some flak for your ideas. I notice you uses less LR than most is this due to the Filtration unit in your sump.

Thanks for sharing
    J

5. Jason McKenzie

Here's a shot after I moved my Softies down. But I'm still waiting for my lights [smiley=furious3.gif]

J

Attached Files:

6. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

Here is my 55, still waiting for my Eco-System to kick in...

Attached Files:

7. Jason McKenzie

Great looking Tanks CMKII. I need to fund more info on "eco-system" I've been hearing a lot of people talking about it latly

J

8. Click Here!

9. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

Jakets,
    Here is a link on an interview with Mr. Leng Sy on Mud Filtration,,,
    Hope this answeres any questions,,,
    http://www.athiel.com/lib7/lengsy.htm
    Here is a Link to the Eco-System HomePage,,,
    http://www.ecosystemaquarium.com/index.html
    Finally, here is a pic. of my system,,,
    Let me know if you have any other questions, also, the UV that is in this pic. is now off and in the box, it is the one I have in the Auction, it was used for 2 weeks to eliminate the Cyano cycle in the Eco which happens with the cycle of a new system...
    [​IMG]

10. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Hey Steve,

It would really be quite simple to set up your ECO to run alongside your ecosystem. I have drawn a small drawing to help us visualize the system:

Attached Files: