Frustrated!! PICS ADDED NOW

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Ryland, Feb 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Ive been treating a yellow tang with cupramine for 2 solid weeks and maintained a level of .5ppm as instructed. After the first week all of the spots were gone. After 14 days I put some carbon in the tank and I began deworming. Also started treating a minor mouth fungas issue. The copper has been out of the water for almost a week. Today my tang again has ICH! Or maybe its velvet. I dunno which. The are just a couple of very small white spots. The tang does not look good. Loss of coloration and lethargic. What am I dealing with here? Need some advice ASAP.

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

4. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

5. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Is there anyway to get a picture of it????? For now, soak his food in garlic and vitamins to help boost his immune system. Is he eating now??? What are the params of the tank?? ICH can be VERY resilient. Even if he doesn't eat put garlic in the water because he will still take it in but not as well if he was eating the food soaked in it.

6. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Don't you need to treat for at least 4 weeks? The life cycle of Ich is typically 4-6 weeks. What do the directions for the Cupramine say?

7. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

ya the life cycal of ick is a lot longer tehn 2 weeks

8. Click Here!

9. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

The directions on the bottle say two weeks. I went ahead and dosed the tank. As the day as went on I have noticed more and more spots. Looks like a full blown outbreak. Still eating very well. Eats both Formula 1 and 2. Also eat pieces of culerpra and sheets of algae I put in with him from time to time. Will take pics and post in a few minutes.

10. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

Can you get any pics up?

11. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Okay a few minutes turned into a few hours. Pics are coming in a just a couple mins. Its really hard to see anything in the pics though. The spots are so small and almost un-noticable that you really have to look for them. However, I dont know if its a direct result of the copper or not. But with in 2 hours of bringing the copper levels up the tang regained his colors and was much more active. Thoughts opinions???

12. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Okay how do I upload pics on here?