Frozen cubes are a pain

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by marlinman, Apr 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Is it just me or is it a royal pain to get some of these frozen cubes out of their packages. I feel sorry for the women who have to get them out especially with long nails. I know this is petty but come on... Someone has to come up with a better method. Could it be that my freezer is too cold? Anyhow, anyone with the same feeling about this?

2. Click Here!

3. WuWu

WuWu Feather Star

Lol just push them from the clear side you don't even need to remove the foil

4. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

cut foil side with knife, and push the other plastic side with your thumb.. also can run the package under some warm water for a few seconds before doing that..

5. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Longer nails would make it easier I think. You can trace around the cube with your finger nail to cut the foil then push it through from the other side. Is that how you do it?

I don't recommend this. I used to do it but sometimes the foil peels back to far and uncovers another cube.

6. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

LOL!;D Honestly I've been doing this for years. I do like the idea of running warm water over them first. I really think that my freezer is too cold also.

7. UnderTheSea

UnderTheSea Feather Duster

Just push it out from the side without foil. You don't have to cut the foil, pushing it should break through the foil.

8. Click Here!

9. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I don't think I want to use a knife in case it slips...

10. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

i just use scissors. i cut off 1 cube then slice the foil open and push it through from the plastic side.

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

haha I hate getting the frozen food ready! It's so annoying. I let the food sit out for a couple minutes and then the cubes easily push out of the package.

12. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

I generally go after the entire package with a big hammer. Once it is smashed into tiny pieces, it comes right out. This is America, there is no such thing as too much force.