frogspawn

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by nemo79, Mar 22, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Once in a bloom moon I notice a piece of frogspawn(the tentacles) floating through the water. Is this normal, or is it the flow in the tank?

2. Click Here!

3. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Yes this is normal. The frogspawn uses it's tentacles to sting other coral in order to keep it's territory. It could have noticed something closer to it or a change in current that may have activated the response.

4. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

i SHOULD HAVE EXPLAINED BETTER, PIECES HAVE FALLEN OFF AND FLOATING IN THE WATER.

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

This could be daughter colonies of the coral. I know this happens alot with xenia and some other of my corals. I am not sure, but I am sure somone can confirm or disprove me theory. :)

6. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

i have had frogspawn for 2 years now. it happens some times. i have noticed it when i have bumped it on accident. but other than that i dont know what causes it. maybe crabs or fish getting too close. either way it is not a problem. and the floating tentacles just dissolve into nothing they dont attatch to anything and grow or anything like that.