Frogspawn mystery

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by thehammer1985, Jun 23, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. thehammer1985

thehammer1985 Plankton

Hey everyone,
    I have a quick question for everyone. In every tank I've ever had my frogspawns appear to lose a little coloring on there tips. It almost looks like it's rubbing off. I want to know if this is normal. I am not to concerned with bleaching as it has been 2 months since I've had them and all other softies and lps are doing well.
    My parameters are
    ammonia:0
    Nitrite:0
    Nitrate:6
    kh:8.1
    Calcium:440
    magnesium: 1500-1600
    temp:80.3-80.6
    ph:8.25 day- 7.93 night

This tank is in a 29 biocube and has a tunze 9001 skimmer ,diy full spectrum leds, intank media basket running chemi pure elite, purigen, and filter floss that gets swapped out everyday.
    any input would be great I just wanna make sure I'm not killing them. Thank you all for your time

2. Click Here!

3. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Do you have a picture of it?

4. thehammer1985

thehammer1985 Plankton

Yes here it is if it uploads 20150623_125637.jpg

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I don't think your killing ot. The tips could have come in contact with something. Same happened to my magician palys. I was scrubbing a little patch of hair algae and I barely came in contact with the paly and the color came off. The color came back.

6. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

I've had my frogspawn for about a week now and mine also some has tips like that. Looks like you colored a balloon with a sharpie and some of it rubbed off or something.

I didn't notice whether it was like that already coming from the LFS.

7. dacianb

dacianb Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

This is a piece of mine - as you can see, lots of heads have this aspect, even if is not touching anything around. I always had them in this way, and you should not worry.

003.JPG

8. Click Here!

9. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

There is a type that has tips like that, almost like the colour is scratched off, I can't remember the name but I own one. Lol. I've seen it in many stores.

Some of the tips have full colour and others have a rubbed off look.

10. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I wouldn't worry about it either. I've had some do it to me as well with no observable ill effect to the coral.