Unresolved Friend or Foe? (Freshwater)

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Cheygirl8, Jul 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Cheygirl8

Cheygirl8 Astrea Snail

Hey guys! It's been like 5ever since I've been able to pop in! I've been swamped with work, times are now looking up ^^ My SW tank took a hit while I was job searching so its been on the back-burner on getting it back up and running. But I have a couple new critters showing up in my FW I have not seen before.

They appear to be a shrimp of sort, and all I could find on google was one shrimp that appears with good water parameters. (I kind of doubt it given there was two massive goldfish and plecos pooping away, along with an iguana sharing the tank space) But this one seems more like a roach that doesn't die ever. They have little arms that remind me of a mantis shrimp. They seem to breed extremely fast, and it doesn't seem like they attack the fish, but at the same time I have not seen them do it, so I cannot rule it out.

20150715_221522.jpg 20150715_221618.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

4. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Pods are my guess. How big are they?

5. Cheygirl8

Cheygirl8 Astrea Snail

They are roughly a millimeter or two. Smaller than aquarium gravel/pebbles.

EDIT: googling the amphipods it looks VERY similar to what I have, oki doki ^^ Thanks guys! Feel free (if the images are up to par) to use them if need be :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Definitely amphipods. Good thing to have.