Freshwater question

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by david, Nov 14, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Hey can you use southdown in a freshwater tank mainly for oscars? Also what's thier natural habitat like? What are good fish to keep with oscars? That won't get eaten I have a pleco in there with him now?
    Thanks,
    D.

2. Click Here!

3. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Sorry I posted this in the wrong spot matt I was on my way out to see kill bill! Great movie I recommend it highly!
    Yeah I have a 30 gal my wife had before we got together I have never tested it for anything she takes care of it solely and tells me not to muck with it. But recently one of the oscars made a suicide jump and the one thats left looks sad so I told her we could redo the tank like his natual habitat she asked about using sand and I have no clue about that so any help would be great!! ;D

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No prob man.
    If you are looking for a natural habitat for Oscars, I don't think Southdown fits that description. That said, I don't know much about their natural habitat, but I bet you could learn by searching the net. As for compatible fish, I wouldn't have anything that could fit in their mouth, they are garbage disposals! Eating machines!!

Make sure you have a nice filter.

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

5. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

6. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Great site had all I needed thanx Scuba!!!!! ;D
    The tank is good now looks just like it should!

7. Scuba

Scuba Fire Shrimp

Glad to be of some help ::)
    put up a photo or two when you can [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

ive seen some oscars with the wood brances int he tank and it looked pretty neat. i would say to keep it a oscar only tank but thats just my opinion. i used to have an albino tiger oscar (no pic :-[ available)
    after looking at that article they [glow=red, 2, 300]LOVE[/glow]crayfish i know mine did. i would catch them when trout fishing he would shred them apart. also he enjoyed a nightcrawler as a treat. he also had a thing for the cats paws when he would try to catch em used to scare the cat pretty good [smiley=laugh6.gif]