Freshwater inverts and fish recomendations

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by koiboi59, Feb 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. koiboi59

koiboi59 Astrea Snail

hey i am new. sorry if this is in a wrong section but here it goes. i am a begginer fish tank owner. all i got are a couple of plants, 2 freshwater angels (my third one died), one otocinclus catfish (the other died) and a frog. does anyone have any recomendations on what types of fish or inverts i can put in their? (did i mention it was a freshwater tank?) i am thinking about a freshwater clam but i am not sure about anything else.

2. Click Here!

3. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

How long was your tank set up before you introduced everything? Do you test your water parameters? May want to find out what caused the deaths before you introduce something new.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Also what size tank?

5. montecarloz38

montecarloz38 Fire Shrimp

I remember my first aquarium, it was 29g freshwater, I miss those red tail sharks... Snails are fun and they reproduce a-sexualy.

6. koiboi59

koiboi59 Astrea Snail

my tank was setup for a couple of weeks before i got the critters. its a 29 gallon. the one angelfish died because of high nitrite levels but i fixed that. not sure how the catfish died. all i knew was he had a red spot near his mouth.