Freshwater dipping lps/bubble?

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by GuitarMan89, Aug 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I have been trying to nurse my bubble coral back to health, first thought it was brown jelly disease now come to find an infestation of some sort of bug. they are very small and maybe eating the body. I decided to do a freshwater dip to kill/remove the bugs and it worked, i found a lot of dead little bugs on the bottom of the bucket. However, my bubble may have taken a turn for the worst. it is all shriveled. It's been a day, i was going to wait a few more to see if it opens back up. My question is, are fw dips safe for lps/bubble corals, or shouldn't you do that? And, when bubbles die, do they just shrivel up, or 'melt' kind of?

2. Click Here!

3. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

I have not had one die, but I have seen a bubble coral skeleton. It was just white fins...looking just like when they are alive and withdrawn, but without the color of the living coral in/on them.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Do you, or anyone else know if freshwater dips are bad for them and should not be done, or is it ok?

5. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

im pretty sure it is bad, i have never seen anyone reccommend them

6. njdevilsfan

njdevilsfan Flamingo Tongue

i think you should try a strong lugos or tropicmarinepcc or a fazipro dip first
    i know zoas can handle freah water but lps might be a little to sensitive
    hop all work our for ya
    brightwell has a couple of new products out for dipping also

1 person likes this.