Urgent Freshwater Apistogramma nearly dead.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryan Duchatel, Aug 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Hey Guys,

I have a 60L planted freshwater set up aside from the 55g reef and today I cam home to my Apistogramma, lying half on its side at the back of my tank.

I did the usual feed and he did not eat or attempted to move, I came back a few hours later and he seems worse lying on his side.

I have removed him and put him in a little hospital bowl. Is this what I should be doing? I dont want him to make anything else sick. I checked him for ich and there is no sign of that what so ever.

There is also a bit of a bully of a golden sucking catfish in the tank, but I cant seem to find anything to say that the sucker attacked him.

All the other fish in the tank 10 neon tetras, and two golden gouramis have shown no change in behaviour.

My parameters are:

Ammonia: 0.25 (But it always says this)
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: 0
    pH: 7.2

I need some help guys. He was an expensive fish and I dont want him to die if I can help it.

PLEASE HELP!

Cheers

Ryan:cry:

2. Click Here!

3. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

4. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

5. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Ryan sorry to hear of the loss. Hard to say what the cause was since you did not let us know what if any damage was on the fish. It may have been age possibly. Get the golden suckerfish out. As they get older they get meaner and will turn on any fish in the tank and suck their guts out.

7. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Sorry to hear that :( Golden Suckerfish can definitely harass other fish. The older they get, the more aggressive they get.

8. Click Here!

9. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Thanks guys, the golden sucker will be re-homed Sunday.